Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy New Year. Last night the City of Harrisburg and Mayor Steve Reed outdid themselves with a fantastic firework display after the strawberry dropped on Market Square. I could have sworn I was in San Francisco, Boston, Washington or New York City.

2005 was a record year for Harrisburg Real Estate, RSR REALTORS and me personally. I sold and settled on $30,000,000 in transactions. In 2004, I sold and settled $22,000,000. And in the last five years I have sold a total of $100,000,000.

RSR sold nearly $300,000,000, up from $220,000,000 in 2004. We had our best year in the appraisal division as well with over 210 assignments completed.

The other highlights of 2005:

I graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a Masters of Science in Real Estate.

The Cumberland County Commissioners appointed me to the County's Industrial Development Authority and Economic Development Corporation.

My largest deal was the sale of 38 townhouses in Stanford Court, Hampden Township for $4,000,000.

I am excited about the market for 2006. Don't believe the doomsayers, pessimistics and bubble-bursters.

I am proud of my fellow Marines who are in harm's way in Iraq. I pray for them and their station in life should put all our troubles in perspective.

My son, Niko, made the varsity soccer team at Cumberland Valley as a freshman. He scored two goals, had two assists, and made me proud. My highlight of the season might have been the pass he made to set up the winning goal in overtime during the first game of the season against Erie Prep: or his goal and assist against Red Land; or his game-winning goal against Cedar Cliff in the rain. The highlight was after the Chambersburg game when I asked him about spending the entire game warming up, but not getting in he replied..."I had the best seat in the house." Good kid.

Congratulations to Joe Paterno, who like the real estate market, defied the naysayers.

My New Year's resolution is to post to my blog on a daily basis during the week. So far, one day down and 364 to go.

My "Man of the Year" is my little brother Garrett. He would have been MOY in 1971 also, but I didn't award it then. Garrett graduated from Penn State, spent three years in Poland with the Peace Corps, went to Catholic University for Law School, clerked for a judge in Washington, moved back to Harrisburg and joined McNees Wallace and Nurick as a legal associate.

During a jog over Thanksgiving two years ago, he told me he wanted to stop being a lawyer and come sell real estate at RSR. I was skeptical since he had a family and I made a whopping $8,000 my first year in real estate.

He ignored my discouragements and began selling real estate in January 2004. In 2004, he was RSR's Rookie of the Year and named Outstanding New Associate for the Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS. In 2005, he was RSR's Top Residential Agent.

It has been a dream come true to work with my father for the last 16 years. Imagine how lucky I am to work with my little brother as well.

I wish you all the most prosperous and healthy 2006. Keep coming to my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home