Sunday, September 18, 2005

Condominiums for Sale....


There is a three bedroom, two and a half bathroom 3,046 square feet condominium currently for sale in Waterford (with a spectacular view of the Harrisburg Skyline) for $419,900.

I know of three investors who each lost over $1,000,000 in the Waterford Condominium project. The original developers shared Mary K's vision for opulence. They thought Central PA buyers would gladly pay $300,000 for their condominiums in the late 1980's.

In the last 16 years, only a dozen homes have sold for over $1,00,000, ANYWHERE in Central Pennsylvania. Mary K's project will not work at $1,000,000 for residential condominiums. However, with all the parking she is proposing, an office condominium might work.... hmmmm.

I also have a vision of Front Street someday returning to it's history of gracious residential homes. It is sad that three beautiful mansions have to be torn down to build condominiums when there are at least three other potential sites for a similar project in the city.

1301 North Front Street (Front and Verbeke, owned by the Vartan Estate, for sale for $1,500,000).
204-210 North Second Street (disclaimer, I am one of the owners of this site).
555 Walnut Street (15 floors of air rights available to be developed with condominiums).

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger paula said...

I think this is a great place to invest a condo in Waterford.

makati condo

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger my real estate blog said...

Oh' interesting! I hope you can post some picture of the rooms there, I will show this post to my Uncle. I am sure he will be interested with this. Thanks for sharing.

condo in Philippines

 

Post a Comment

<< Home